HOW CAN WE HELP
United States: 1.866.867.7431 International: 1.626.603.3190
Mon - Fri: 6am - 7pm PT | Sat: 7am - 7pm PT | Sun: 7am - 6pm PT
Effective Date: January 23, 2003
Last Updated: April 29, 2021
Quick Reference Guide
- What Information We Collect
- Who We Disclose Your Information To
- Information Regarding Children
- California Specific Rights
- European Union Privacy Rights
- Legal Disclaimer
- External Links
- Questions and Contact Us
1. What Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”). The following discusses the categories of Personal Information we collect, the sources we collect information from, and the business or commercial purposes we use your Personal Information.
1.1 When You Visit Our Site or Use Our APP
We may collect the following Personal Information directly from your activity on our Site or App.
- Geolocation information, such as your IP address, which links to the region you live in, when you visit our Site or App.
- Commercial information, such as information about the Services you use and products you order.
- Personal identifiers, such as your email address if you sign up to receive emails from us.
- Inferences and preferences, such as the products you prefer, your communications preferences, and other inferences drawn.
We use this information to understand how we can exceed your expectations, improve and customize our products and Services, and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
1.2 When You Make a Purchase
When you make a purchase with us in our stores or checkout on our Site or App, we collect the following information from you.
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, phone number, email address, and shipping address.
- Financial information, such as your payment card number, billing address, and related financial information.
- Commercial information, such as your purchasing history at Torrid.
1.3 If You Make an Account or Sign Up For Rewards
If you register with Torrid Rewards or create an account online or through our App, we collect the following information directly from you.
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, birthday, phone number, email address, and shipping address.
- Account information, such as your account age, account number, username, password, and similar information.
1.4 If You Get The Torrid Credit Card
Torrid has partnered with Alliance Data Card Services, operating as Comenity Bank (“Comenity”), to offer customers the option to finance their purchases with a Torrid Credit Card. Comenity may collect your Personal Information to make pre-approval offers for the Torrid Credit Card.
1.5 When You Leave A Review
If you post information to our Site or App, such as a photo or a review, we may collect the information you provide such as:
- Personal identifiers, including your name and location.
- Audio, visual, or similar information, including any photos you post.
- Inferences and preferences, including your feedback on our clothing or similar information.
1.6 Linked Social Media Accounts
If you choose to link or sign in to your social media accounts with us, we collect the following types of Personal Information from your social networking sites, depending on the terms of the social media site. If you use your social media account, we are not required to request further permission to collect information accessible through that account.
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, birthday, email address, or location.
- Audio, visual, or similar information, such as your profile picture.
- Characteristics of a protected class, such as your gender or relationship status if you have this information on your public profile.
- Social media information, such as your profile URL, user ID, list of friends, information related to friends and followers, likes, interests, posted messages and content.
- Education information, such as your education history to the extent made available on your profile.
- Employment information, such as your work history to the extent made available on your profile.
1.7 If You Enter Our Sweepstakes or Promotions
If you participate in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes, or similar events, we may collect personal identifiers from you, such as your name, age, number, email address, or mailing address. We use this information to run the sweepstakes or promotion. We may also use this information to contact you about other news, promotions, or opportunities.
1.8 If You Contact Us
If you contact us by filling out our online webform, signing up to receive our emails, or calling our customer service line, we may collect the following Personal Information.
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, account number, email address, or phone number.
- Commercial information, such as your order information and purchasing history at Torrid.
- Inferences and preferences, such as your feedback or other information you may provide.
2. Who We Disclose Your Information To
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents. We may share your Personal Information with third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, data analysis, email and hosting services, or customer service and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely to provide our requested service.
- With Contest or Promotional Sponsors. If you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, or similar events, we may share your information with any companies or sponsors who are running the event. For example, this might include sharing a list of winners.
- Social Media Platforms. If you link or sign in with your social media accounts through our Sites or Apps, we may share your Personal Information with those third party social media sites. For example, we may share your Torrid loyalty account information with the social media site.
- With Our Marketing Partners. We rely on other third parties to help us audit the quality and effectiveness of advertisements, to serve advertisements or marketing material, provide analytic services, and similar services. We may share some of your information with these marketing partners so they can perform these functions.
3. Information Regarding Children
Our Site and Services are intended for users who are 13 years or older and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years old. If we become aware that we have collected information from a child under 13 years old, we will delete such information from our records. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe your child has given us information and you did not provide consent, please contact us at email@example.com or 866-867-7431.
4. California Specific Rights
If you are a California Resident, you may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
If we collected Personal Information about you in your role as an applicant, employee, or independent contractor, this Policy does not apply. Please contact Human Resources at TDHumanResources@torrid.com if you have questions about Personal Information related to your application or work with Torrid. Additionally, if we collect Personal Information about you in your role as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a commercial client, investor, or developer this Policy does not apply.
4.1 The Right to Request More Information
You may have the right to request more information about how we have treated your Personal Information in the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected that information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
4.2 The Right to Request Access
You also may have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information.
4.3 The Right to Request Deletion
Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information. Please note that simply logging out or uninstalling an app does not delete your account or the Personal Information we may have collected.
4.4 How to Exercise these Rights
To submit a request to exercise these rights you may use one of these three methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1 (833) 865-8502
- Submit a Request
Before responding to your request, we must first verify your identity using Personal Information you recently provided to us. If we are not able to verify your request we will contact you for more information. If we are unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
4.6 Designating an Authorized Agent
You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”). To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your Authorized Agent to act on your behalf.
4.7 Do Not Track Requests
4.8 Third-Party Marketing and Selling
The CCPA requires notice and an opportunity to opt-out from certain disclosures of Personal Information considered a “sale” as defined in the CCPA. Torrid may collect your unique online identifiers, internet and network activity, device identifier, Internet Protocol address, browsing history, search history, and information about how you interact with our Site or App. We may disclose this information with third party marketing companies, social media platforms, or analytics partners that support our online marketing efforts, deliver meaningful ads to you, connect with social media networking, and help us improve the use of our Services.
To exercise your right to opt-out, please click on the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link at the footer of our website.
Our Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 16 and we do not have actual knowledge that we sell personal information from children under 16 years old.
4.9 No Discrimination
We will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
5. European Union Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Union, you have specific rights over your personal information.
5.1 The Right to Request Access
You have the right to request copies of your personal information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
5.2 The Right to Request to Rectify Your Data
You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete information you believe is incomplete. You may always correct and update your information by logging onto your account and editing your information.
5.3 The Right to Request Erasure of Your Data
Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
5.4 The Right to Restrict Processing
Under certain conditions, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information.
5.5 The Right to Data portability
Under certain conditions, you have the right to request we transfer Personal Information we have collected about you either to another organization, or directly to you.
5.6 How to Exercise Your Rights
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. To submit a request to exercise these rights please contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1 (833) 865-8502
- Mail: 18501 East San Jose Avenue, City of Industry, CA, 91748
Although we urge you to contact us to find a solution for every concern you may have, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with your competent data protection authority.
5.7 Transfers to Countries Outside the European Union
We are based in California, so EU customers must transfer Personal Information to the United States for processing. The Commission has not found the laws of the United States provide an adequate level of protection over personal information.
6. Legal Disclaimer
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law;/li>
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution of Torrid, or in the event of bankruptcy or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of Torrid.
7. External Links
When you use this Site, you may find links to other websites we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of your Personal Information. You should review their terms and conditions and privacy policies before proceeding to that site.
9. Questions and Contact Us
If you have a question about this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-867-7431.