ELIGIBILITY: These are the official rules (“Official Rules”) for the Torrid One Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States of America and the District of Columbia and Canada (except the Province of Quebec) (collectively, the “Eligibility Area”), who as of the date of their participation into the Sweepstakes are eighteen (18) years of age or older. A prize won by an individual at least eighteen (18) years of age, but considered a minor (“Minor”) in his/her legal jurisdiction of residency will be awarded in the name of the minor Winner’s parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on Winners set forth herein. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (as defined below) if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has breached any of the Official Rules. A Minor who is eighteen (18) years of age and otherwise eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes must get their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission before entering the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void outside the Eligibility Area and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, directors, officers, agents, mandataries, representatives, shareholders, and independent contractors of Torrid LLC ("Sponsor"), and its respective parent companies, licensors, trustees, franchises, licensees, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and each of their respective immediate family (i.e. spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and each of their spouses) and persons domiciled or living in the same household of each of the above persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. All decisions of Sponsor are final. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Prior to being eligible to receive any prize, an Entrant who has been selected as a potential winner of the Sweepstakes must provide Sponsor with any information or certifications needed by Sponsor, in its sole judgment. Without limiting the foregoing, a person who has been selected as a potential winner may be required to: (1) sign a copy of these Official Rules; (2) complete and sign a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited); (3) provide any other document Sponsor determines is required, necessary or appropriate, in its sole judgment, to confirm the winner’s eligibility and for any applicable tax reporting purposes; and (4) where the person is a resident of Canada, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, without any aid or assistance whatsoever, which is administered by Sponsor, in the manner disclosed at the time of their notification as a potential winner.
- SPONSOR: Torrid LLC, 18501 E. San Jose Avenue, City of Industry, CA 91748. Sponsor is solely responsible for the fulfillment of all Prizes.
TIMING: The Sweepstakes Period is 9.1.23 (6:00 AM PST) – 9.30.23 (11:59 PM PST).
Weekly Sweepstakes Period Schedule (each a “Weekly Sweeps Entry Period”)
- 9.1.23 (6:00 AM PST) – 9.7.23 (11:59 PM PST)
- 9.8.23 (6:00 AM PST) – 9.14.23 (11:59 PM PST)
- 9.15.23 (6:00 AM PST) – 9.21.23 (11:59 PM PST)
- HOW TO ENTER:
Method 1: In Store. If you wish to enter the Sweepstakes using the In Store method, during the Sweepstakes Period you must:
- Visit a participating Torrid store during their hours of business*
- Scan the QR code in store
- Fill out the online form by providing your Full Name, Zip Code, Phone Number, and Email Address
Method 2: Online. If you wish to enter the Sweepstakes using the online method during the Sweepstakes Period you must:
- Visit torrid.com/sweepstakes
- Fill out the online form by providing your Full Name, Zip Code, Phone Number, and Email Address
LIMIT FOUR ENTRIES PER PERSON REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD USED TO ENTER. Each person may enter the Sweepstakes once per each Weekly Sweeps Entry Period and once from 9.22.23 – 9.30.23. Each Entry will be included in the drawing for the Grand Prize, and each Entry submitted during a Weekly Sweeps Entry Period will also be included in the drawing for the Weekly Prize corresponding to that Weekly Sweeps Entry Period.
If a person attempts to submit more than four Entries, only the first four Entries received will be accepted; subsequent attempts to enter will be disqualified. The submission of an Entry is solely the responsibility of the Entrant. Entries may only be made according to the methods described above. Only eligible Entries actually received by Sponsor before the end of the Sweepstakes Period will be included in the prize drawing. Incomplete or garbled entries will be disqualified.
- CONDUCT: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted on the internet throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, the Torrid website or Torrid mobile application, or any of Torrid’s social media accounts; (b) violating the Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: There will be sixteen (16) Prizes in total. Fifteen (15) Weekly Prizes and one (1) Grand Prize.
Five (5) Weekly Winners will be randomly selected from the eligible Entries received by Sponsor during each of the three Weekly Sweeps Entry Periods. Each Weekly Winner will receive a Weekly Prize of one (1) $250 USD Torrid eGift Card or Torrid Gift Card. One (1) Grand Prize winner, selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, will receive $1,500.00 USD in value of Torrid eGift Card or Torrid Gift Card. eGift card terms and conditions apply.
The Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for this Giveaway.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The following applies to all Prizes: Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned, except by the Sponsor. Only listed Prizes will be awarded and no returns, substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice, to substitute any Prize with another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised Prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Expenses not specifically stated above, together with the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that Prize. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of the Prizes awarded. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prize items.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period.
- APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Sixteen (16) total Prizes will be awarded. Each of the fifteen Weekly Prizes consist of one (1) $250 Torrid eGift Card and has an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $250 USD. The Grand Prize consists of three (3) $500 Torrid eGift cards or Torrid Gift Card and has an ARV of $1,500 USD. The Total ARV of all prizes offered in the Sweepstakes is $5,250 USD.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about 10.1.2023 at 5:00 PM PST, Sponsor will select the name of the potential Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries. Each potential Winner will be notified by the Sponsor via the email provided in the entry form, no later than October 8, 2023.
Each potential Winner will be instructed by Sponsor on next steps needed to verify the eligibility of the potential Winner after he/she is confirmed eligible.
If (i) Sponsor determines that a person who was selected as a potential Winner is not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, (ii) a person whose name is drawn refuses to accept the selection as a Winner, (iii) a person whose name is drawn cannot or does not complete the eligibility requirements described in "Additional Eligibility Requirements" above, including without limitation a failure to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (when applicable) or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or (iv) a person cannot be contacted, then that person will be disqualified and ineligible to win a Prize. The potential Winners need not be present to win and will be contacted by Sponsor via email instructing the Winner on next steps no later than 10.8.23, to obtain additional information needed to verify the eligibility of the potential Winners and send them a Prize after their eligibility is confirmed. If a potential Winner does not respond within four (4) days, then they will be disqualified. Once the potential Winner’s eligibility is verified, they will be confirmed as a winner (“Winner”). In the event that a potential Winner is disqualified or ineligible for any reason, then the potential Winner(s) forfeits the prize, and Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded. Once each potential Winner’s eligibility has been verified, they will be confirmed as a Winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and Canada. All federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, mandataries and representatives (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, costs, expenses, claims, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever, including personal injury or death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, entry or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes or prize-related activity, and any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or terrorism.
Subject to applicable law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name, state/province/territory, submitted entry materials (including, but not limited to, photographs provided as part of the Sweepstakes, if any) and/or other personal information provided as part of the Sweepstakes online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited by law, a winner's acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use such winner's name, address (city and state/province/territory only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Sweepstakes in any media now know or developed in the future, worldwide, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review, or consent.
- DISCLAIMER: Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription/capture/recordation of entries or entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or failures of any computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or website, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APP OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules in a given instance shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entry (and/or the Entrant responsible for same) and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or the Official Rules (contingent upon Sponsor securing any governmental approval that may be required). In such event, Sponsor will select the winner from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner determined by Sponsor to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action will be posted on the Sponsor’s website.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated entries, or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstakes.
- PRIVACY: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to allow your personal information to be used in connection with the Sweepstakes. The personal information and/or materials (including, but not limited to, photographs provided as part of the Sweepstakes) collected from you during the Sweepstakes will be maintained by Sponsor and may be used for promotional and marketing purposes by Sponsor or its affiliates, except as limited by law. For more details, please see the privacy policies at https://www.torrid.com/torrid/customer-service/about-torrid/td-customerservice-abouttorrid-privacyresponsibility.html
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any Entrant and/or Sponsor shall be filed in state court in Los Angeles County, State of California USA, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action (and waive any right to change of venue, forum non conveniens, or any like right); (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any Entrant and/or Sponsor, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees and costs, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any Entrant and/or Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California USA without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law/choice of law of the State of California USA or of any other jurisdiction.
- STORE LIST. For the official store list visit https://www.torrid.com/customer-service/all-stores/
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST. For a copy of the Official Rules, visit torrid.com/the-one-sweepstakes/. For a list of winners available after 10.8.23, visit torrid.com/the-one-sweepstakes/.
For a copy of these Official Rules or an official Winner’s List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by the Weekly Sweeps Play Start Date (9.1.23, 9.8.23, 9.15.23, 9.22.23 respectively) to Sweeps – Official Rules or Winner’s List (please specify which), Torrid One Sweepstakes 2023, 18501 San Jose Ave City of Industry CA, 91748. Residents of Vermont and Canada may omit return postage on their request.